Thursday 9 October 2014

07/10/2014 Sausages!

Playdoh Aliens
For a session that started so badly I think it ended up being one of my favourites. Our initial problem was that the village hall had been double booked so we were offered the Pavilion by the local recreation ground instead. I'm grateful that everybody managed to find us.


Conker spider
I'm sure that nobody has missed the fact that with the cooler weather we are suddenly seeing a lot of spiders around at the moment and chose to make this my theme for the week. I love the conker spider above but will admit that this is not a particularly child friendly make due to requiring a hot glue gun. Still, it's cute, yes?

Conker Web
Sticking with the spider and conker theme we made some webs. The conkers were pre-prepared with kebab sticks ready for the yarn to be woven on. 


Not everybody could get the hang of weaving but cutting and gluing short threads of gold yarn onto fingers was also very satisfying.


Our big activity of the week was sausage making! The boys had to chop up and mince a large joint of pork then season the mix ready to fill hog skins. The resulting sausages were cooked for us all to sample. They were great. The recipe can be found here.

Excuse the pink blob faces - my son prefers not to be recognised :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment